Directions: The following is the directions for the Databases Class
Project for week 2 which was mentioned in the second class. This project
is a spin off of the Case Problem #1 which is in the book on page 2.36 The
grading criteria is listed below for your benefit. You will also need to turn in
this sheet with your disk.
- You need to create a new database called MallJobs. In MallJobs are two
tables, Job and Store. Job list open positions in the mall, and Store holds
records which relate to stores with the open positions.
- Job has the following text fields (size listed in parentheses). JobNum,
the PK (5). StoreNum, the foreign key to the store table (3), Hours/Week
(20, and Position (35).
- Store has the following text fields (size listed in parentheses). StoreNum,
the PK (3), StoreName (32), StoreDescription (96), and ContactPerson (32).
- The StoreNum fields in the Job table, must relate to records which exist
in the Store table.
- You will need to create 3 to 5 entries in each table, three sample entries
for the Job table are listed on 2.36.
- You will need to turn in this paper, with you name and date on it, as well
as the disk with your name and class on it. Make sure you have a back
up copy on another disk as well.
_______ Database on disk, name on disk, and Grade Sheet (with name) all
turned in on time to instructor. ( 10 points)
_______ Database named MallJobs (5 points)
_______ Two tables, Job and Store (5 points)
_______ Job has correct fields and correct field properties. (10 points)
_______ Job has at least 3 sample records in it. (5 points)
_______ Store has correct fields and correct field properties. (10 points)
_______ Store has at least 3 sample records in it. (5 points)
_______ Data between Store and Job properly relate to one another. (5 points)
_______ Total Points (out of 55).